Want to help the humans who help older dogs? Then this resource guide from our book “My Old Dog: Rescued Pets with Remarkable Second Acts” is for you. Here you’ll find contact information for groups that promote animal welfare and do rescue work in the United States, Canada, and other English-speaking countries. You’ll also find organizations […]
We’re so excited whenever we get opportunities to meet you in person, check out your dog photos, hear your dog stories and share our book “My Old Dog: Rescued Pets with Remarkable Second Acts” with you! Many of the book stores and other venues listed below are dog-friendly, so maybe we’ll get to meet and greet your pooches […]
Puppies are adorable, but older dogs can be easier to bring into your home for so many reasons. In addition to being house-trained in most cases, here’s another bonus: Many seniors are gentle and accommodating with kids. Here, Lisa Daffy of Long Island, New York describes how fun-loving her senior dog Fuji is. Fuji enjoys […]
Many senior dogs undergo remarkable transformations after they get adopted into safe, welcoming homes and get the veterinary care and grooming they need. Once they feel comfortable again, their personalities emerge and they literally begin to look and act like younger dogs. Take Charlotte, for instance. When she got rescued at age 12 earlier this year, she […]
Our book “My Old Dog: Rescued Pets with Remarkable Second Acts” includes a comprehensive resource guide and highlights organizations that provide comfortable retirements to military and law-enforcement dogs; pair veterans with service dogs, therapy dogs, or companion dogs; and help military service members with their pets during deployments. We wanted to make that information available to […]
We’re on Instagram!
Danna Owen on ‘My Old Dog’ book tour schedule … (We can’t wait to see you!!) Requesting information on appearance and book signings.
Laura T. Coffey on David Rosenfelt: ‘Senior dogs taught me what rescue is all about’ Hello Pamela! It's Laura Coffey here, author of the book ...
Debbie on I love #MyOldDog because of his happy smile and gentle woof Awe, that's my boy! Thank you for sharing his ...
Most Commented Posts
- Attention, senior dog lovers: You’re gonna love this blog! By Laura T. Coffey on July 24, 2015 4
- David Rosenfelt: ‘Senior dogs taught me what rescue is all about’ By Laura T. Coffey on October 29, 2016 2
- I love #MyOldDog because of his happy smile and gentle woof By Laura T. Coffey on September 2, 2015 1
Most Liked Posts
- When Neko Case met Liza at the shelter: A love story By Laura T. Coffey on September 22, 2015 19
- ‘My Old Dog’ resource guide: Help senior dogs in need near you By Laura T. Coffey on September 10, 2017 6
- Attention, senior dog lovers: You’re gonna love this blog! By Laura T. Coffey on July 24, 2015 5